Although the Two Wells Football & Netball Sporting Club has a relatively short history only amalgamating in 2009, both the Football and Netball clubs individually have a long running history.
Evidence suggests that the Two Wells Football Club dates back to 1911, but unfortunately the records were lost in a fire. From the 1920s the club participated in the Adelaide Plains Association until transferring to the Lower North Association in 1928. Taking out the premiership in 1928, 1929 and 1930 the TWFC started strong in the Lower North competition, however the association soon dissolved and the TWFC returned to the Adelaide Plains Association.
From the Adelaide Plains Association the TWFC joined the Gawler & District Football Association in the early 1950s. Between the 1960s and 1980s the TWFC moved between the Central Districts Football Association, Adelaide Plains Football League and the Gawler & District League. During this time a Two Wells-Virginia team was established participating together for the 15 years up until 1975.
Re-joining the Adelaide Plains Football League in 1987 the Two Wells Football Club kicked off with a bang taking out the premiership in their first year. Unfortunately this would be the last for many years to come.
The Two Wells Netball Club records date back to 1937 when a ladies Basketball Club was first established, many years later in 1950 the Basketball Club entered into the Gawler Association. Although the initial colours were green and white they soon changed to our present day colours of red and white in 1956. Similar to the Football Club the Netballers interchanged associations until joining the Adelaide Plains Netball Association in 1989.